- Last year Ohio had over 4100 fatal overdoses. This year, that number is expected to be even higher.
- Anticipation grows for new super-heroes movie
- Commissioners acknowledge 50 years supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
- The new kid on Sesame Street has autism
- Special Olympics Basketball Tournament in Bowling Green March 24 & 25
Local Red Cross Recruiting Needed Volunteers
The American Red Cross of Northwest Ohio is recruiting volunteers to join its workforce to help families affected by an increase in disasters caused by severe storms across the country. Volunteers constitute about 90 percent of the American Red Cross workforce. Volunteers make it possible to respond to nearly 70,000 disasters every year, most of them home and apartment fires.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a trained Red Cross Disaster Services volunteer, please visit the Red Cross website at www.redcross.org or contact Regional Volunteer Specialist, Diane S. Dixon, CVA, at 419-329-2741 or by email at email@example.com.
Be a foster parent
Are you someone who loves kids and wants to make a difference in a child’s life? If so, consider becoming a foster parent through Lucas County Children Services (LCCS). LCCS needs all kinds of individuals to care for all kinds of children, but has a particular need right now for families able to care for groups of brothers and sisters, and for caregivers experienced in working with children with developmental and behavioral challenges. To learn more about becoming a foster parent, call LCCS foster care recruiter Celine Woods at 419-213-3336.