There will be 12 Drop Off Refuse and Recycling events this year open to Toledo residents. The events are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following dates:
· April 27 at Party for the Planet, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, at the Toledo Zoo’s Anthony Wayne Trail parking lot. (Paint recycling is available only at Woodsdale Park)
· April 27 at Woodsdale Park, 1250 Woodsdale Park Dr.
· May 11 at the TARTA Terminal Parking Lot, 1127 Central Ave.
· May 18 at Rogers High School, 222 McTigue Dr.
· June 8 at Waite High School, 301 Morrison Dr.
· June 22 at Scott High School, 2400 Collingwood Blvd.
· July 13 at Keyser Elementary School, 3900 Hill Ave.
· July 20 at Manhattan Plaza, 525-701 East Manhattan Blvd.
· Aug. 10 at DeVeaux School, 2620 West Sylvania Ave.
· Aug. 24 at Longfellow Elementary School, 1955 West Laskey Rd.
· Sept. 7 at Good Shepherd Church, 3934 West Laskey Rd.
· Sept. 21 at Whitmer High School, 5601 Clegg Dr.
Acceptable items include electronic waste, but no televisions, CRT monitors, or appliances; 10 tires, on or off the rim, but no commercial tires; documents; houseware goods; clothing; toys; bulky items, and refuse. Latex paint will be accepted for $1 per gallon. Household hazardous waste will be accepted April 27, June 8, July 13, July 20, Sept. 7, and Sept. 21.
There will also be four free disposal days at the Hoffman Road Landfill. They are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 1, July 6, Sept. 7, and Nov. 30. Residents are permitted to bring a truck or trailer load of bulky solid waste items for free disposal to the landfill, 3962 Hoffman Rd., subject to terms and conditions. A current utility bill and valid photo ID will be required to verify proof of residency. Acceptable bulky waste items include: excess trash, furniture, carpeting, mattresses, wood waste, and scrap metal.
For more information please call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020 or visit our website, www.toledo.oh.gov.