The Ability Center and the Toledo Lucas County Commission on Disabilities are collaborating to host a Public Forum on the Ohio Gas Tax and Public Transportation Funding on March 15, 2019 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Rossford Recreation Center, 400 Dixie Hwy, Rossford, OH 43460.
In this public forum, public transit advocates will discuss the opportunity to designate a portion of Ohio’s Infrastructure Funding (the Gas Tax) to public transit. There will also be a panel of professionals from throughout the community to create a dialogue about what strong public transportation would mean in the northwest Ohio region. This panel will be moderated by local radio news personality London Mitchell, and will feature the following panelists:
- Jan Ruma, Vice President, Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio
- Justin Moor, The Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio
- Angie Goodnight, The Ability Center of Greater Toledo, Toledo Lucas County Commission on Disabilities
- Tenesha Ulrich, United Spinal Association, Northwest Ohio Chapter
- Katie Moline, EPIC Toledo
People from throughout northwest Ohio who rely on public transportation encouraged to attend, as well as those who may be interested in a strong regional public transit system in our area.
Angie Goodnight shares, “Almost 21 years ago, I lost my sight due to complications in my pregnancy. I have used TARPS for many years not only to go to and from work, but to family gatherings, friends’ homes, and to church.”