The city of Toledo will provide three free disposable masks beginning tomorrow to each adult at a number of city events and parks during designated times, thanks to the generosity of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, which donated 65,000 masks to Lucas County.
The free distribution plan is as follows::
- 15,000 masks will be given away from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., July 29 at Ottawa Park near the Toledo Police Museum off of North Cove Boulevard; Aug. 5 at Smith Park near the basketball courts off of Fernwood Avenue; and Aug. 12 at Navarre Park near the tennis court off of Navarre Avenue.
- 10,000 masks are reserved for for-profit businesses, of which 5,000 have already been distributed in toolkits given to small businesses last week.
- 3,000 masks will be given to Seaway Marketplace, 1707 Cherry St., for free distribution to customers.
- 10,000 masks will be given to Stop & Shop stores in Toledo for free distribution to customers.
- 15,000 masks will be given away during the next two Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling Event. Those events are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 8, at DeVeaux School, 2620 West Sylvania Ave., and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 22 at Longfellow Elementary School, 1955 West Laskey Rd.
Residents may call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020 for more information.